Wednesday, May 16, 2012

beauty supply

Monday, David and I were talking about his fantasy of making his girl look like a Suicide Girl. Well I got all the colors of eye shadow, eye liner, blush and nail polish it needs, but none of my lipsticks matched the look. Then I thougt of the new Mac Viva Glam Lipstick.


The sales person/make-up artist told me it looked just like Barbie Pink on the lips. But isn't Barbie Pink more like the color fuchsia?


The new color of Mac Viva Glam lipstick was really pretty, however when I had it applied on my lips, it didn't look like either the lipstick itself or what it looked like on the web page. In fact, there wasn't a problem with chromatic aberration but my lips. Well I was a little bit frustrated but I kept looking for the color that just looked like "Satin"(the new color of Viva Glam lipstick), and it must have been a vivid purplish or yellowish pink color.


I tried Anna Sui and Shu Uemura because they were not so pricey just like Mac, unfortunately I did not find anything similar. Then I realized if you were looking for odd or really bright colors, Japanese make-up lines would be good choices, I had to turn to Dior, because Dior got the full collection of different pink colors, and the quality of each product was really good. The only thing I did not like was the pricing.

After trying two or three different pink colors, I decided to buy this Dior Addict Extreme lipstick in 486(Cruise). It was color-saturated, but still moisturatzing.  

The next thing I need to get is probably the yellow or robin's-egg blue eye shadow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment