Sunday, June 9, 2013

indie girl's diary - little purple orchid plant


My love for pink and blue. Fyi, when I was kid I thought Kiki and Lala were a couple. Then I realized it could not be possible because they were also called "Little Twin Stars".  

I think my mom's garden fever is infectious. Friday after work, I got me an orchid plant at Sogo. 


Cute isn't it? I ain't a sucker for gardening but this cute little thing caught my attention at this tiring, humid, boring Friday night. One cool thing about orchid plants is, you really don't need to do a lot of work with it. 

watercolor + ink

I was too lazy to draw the whole plant, but I will make another drawing when it's in full bloom. Drawing flowers is way more difficult than I thought, definitely needs more exercises. 


This is my colleague Agnes' cat MuiMui(meaning little sister in Cantonese), which is a 12-yr-old Scottish Fold.

pencil

I have never draw a cat before, except for Garfield. Saturday night before going to sleep, I looked at MuiMui's picture and had this idea popped up in my head. 

"Why not give it a shot?"

So I made this portrait and, it didn't look too bad. :) 


Best thing to start off a day perfectly! I got my book order on Saturday morning. 

I believe there are more to appreciate in an art book if you are actually drawing, not just looking and talking about the artworks. 

Talking about artists' works does not make you an art critic if you do not know about the skills, materials and tools well enough. It only makes you a fan, or a hater. 

Gotta go back to work! Ciao

Btw, Hangover 3 is hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment