Sunday, July 14, 2013

indie girl's diary - monster storm

I think this is how CNN described this typhoon. As you can see we survived after the "monster storm"! Honestly it was not so serious, I do not understand why CNN always made it like "we are gonna die". (shrug)

Anyway, I was still productive...in my art, but I was tired of portraits for human so I did not do any last week. Again, it is a hard task for a non-professional artist, like me.

new toys: water soluble graphite pencils, charcoal pencil and markers

artist pen + marker

Made this drawing with my Muji markers and Japanese artists pen. I tried to make it look like a real "latte art", but it doesn't look right I know. Oh, the quote is from I-D mag. 

ball point pen + marker

I drew this because I was craving for bear gummy. 

graphite pencil

I made a portrait of my friend Cass's dog, a Shih-Tzu Dog. Drawing the dog fur was killing me! I know, I know it was a piece of cake to a professional artist. Luckily it turned out to be good.

graphite pencil

This is a re-do. Before this I made another portrait of my colleague Agnes' cat MuiMui, a Scottish Fold Cat, but it was not too good because I did not spend much time drawing. 


Portraits of our pets, our love and our inspirations. I love drawing pets, it makes me happy. 

water soluble graphite pencil

First time trying out my water soluble graphite pencils by a sketch of chocolate cupcake! I was having much fun with this good stuff, it worked really good on drawing the icing topping. 

water soluble colored pencil

I tried to draw something happy for the coming blue Monday. Monday is always gloomy, we need something colorful. It was fun to draw a rose, I will try more with watercolors. 

Oh well, it was annoying when you did not have enough colored pencils.(nod, pls) I will definitely get me ENOUGH colored pencils when I am back from Singapore. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment