Sunday, August 11, 2013

indie girl's life - never play with the _ _ _ _

The execution was finally announced! Our department will be closed, and the last working day is scheduled Sept. 30th. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but I felt more relaxed when it was actually announced...by the big boss.

"I need to let you know this is not against you. We appreciate your dedication blah blah blah", the big boss explaining to all of us meekly in his Swiss accent. None of us seemed to have the patience to listen to those cliches, so our HR manager cut in and started to explain the "package". Well I was satisfied with the package, I mean severance pay, but unfortunately we had to have lunch with the big boss and our HR manager, and it was really, really awkward.

The big boss has been a good person honestly, and surely one of the most patient, kind-hearted and hard-working managers I've met. During the lunch, I wanted to talk about things which had nothing related to work with him, but, our department manager couldn't stop talking, mostly, complaining about work issues.

Well, everybody knows it is not smart to bitch about things to your boss .

Enough of bitching. Here are my weekly art works and others.

artist pen

Made this drawing the day before the announcement. 

artist pen

Made this drawing the day after the announcement. Apparently, I was calm. 


And when you are feeling down, shopping is the best therapy. Time-tested and guaranteed! 


This is what I got. Cute accessories can always cheer up girls! I was a girl scout when I was in elementary school. 


Celebrating Father's Day with my mom, who has been a single mother over 20 years. I love her very much, and I was happy she liked the restaurant I chose. 


The coffee ice cream was a masterpiece! Can't find a better word to describe it!


My plant started to grow fast ever since I brought it back home. I call this "bad Fengshui"!

water soluble colored pencil

Inspired by a professional illustrator, she put candies on the painting making them look like balloons. I was too lazy to draw more macarons, because I was exhausted from the rage against a salesperson, who was being very rude to me and my mom. Well, someone needed to give her a lesson, and that was me!

water soluble colored pencil

The next day I drew a shark, for the bitch in the store and, our management team. Nothing can speak out my mind better than this! Never play with the shark, exclamation. 

Before I finished this, I suddenly had this feeling.  

"Oh my God, shark is really ugly. Look at its gums!"


New succulent plants my mom got in the flower market. The one in the right looks like a brain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment