Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Portrait

Here come my weekly drawings! Really appreciate your support if you have been following my blog updates.

I wanted to make a drawing of my new toy collection "Jenny Doll", but Japanese manga style is really not my thing, so I gave it up.



David was right, if you made it human size, it would look just like a blow-up doll.



So, I decided to make a drawing of Blythe Doll.



Honestly, it didn't look as good as I expected. I don't think it's easier to do a portrait of something inanimate like a doll, all about the expression in the eyes.


In a few hours, I decided to make another drawing because the previous one was not so good. The above are my art inspiration.


Found this attractive girl on a 60s American AD. Quickly made a drawing and it turned out to be pretty good. And this is what I am talking about, the expression in the eyes.

I posted both drawing on Instagram and hashtagged "drawing", "artwork" and "illustration", and it actually brought the attention of the users who had same interest, most of them were art students and freelance illustrators. :)

If you like my artworks or pictures pls follow me on Instagram, my user name is "pinkynicky".



I gotta go back to work now. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment